one of my favorites with no name

Got a nameless bromeliad? Maybe we can help you here.

Moderator: Timm Stolten

Antworten
gonzer

one of my favorites with no name

Beitrag von gonzer »

Bild
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

Could it be a hybrid? Looks like something intermediate between T. caput-medusae and T. paucifolia.

Cheers,
Joachim
Joachim

Beitrag von Joachim »

Hell together,

no i dont think so it is a big form off T.paucifolia

best regards

Joachim
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

Joachim hat geschrieben:no i dont think so it is a big form off T.paucifolia
No way! T. paucifolia neither has such long and slender inflorescences, nor curled leaves. A hybrid with T. paucifolia as parent perhaps, because of the stiff, more paucifolia-like leaves. But the inflorescence is definitely not that of a paucifolia.

Cheers,
Joachim
Ian

Beitrag von Ian »

T. caput-medusae X T. balbisiana?
Andreas Böker

Hybride

Beitrag von Andreas Böker »

Hallo Bromelienfreunde,

ich schließe mich der Diagnose von JoinB an. Der Blütenstand spricht ganz eindeutig für die caput-medusae-Variante.

Hi friends,

I'd agree to JoinB. The inflorescence is a strong argument for the parentage of T. caput-medusae.
Andreas Böker

...... www.tillandsia-web.de
SSairplants

Beitrag von SSairplants »

only thing for me to agree is ''yes its beautiful'' :D :lol:
Words are like weapons. They wound sometimes.
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

I would not even rule out that the plant is within the wide range of natural variability of T. caput-medusae without being a hybrid at all. In contrast to T. paucifolia, which looks pretty much the same despite its large habitat. Even though the shown plant is certainly not quite as bulbous as the "typical" T. c.-m.

Cheers,
Joachim

Es ist nicht einmal auszuschließen, dass es sich um eine Naturform von T. caput-meduase handelt, die ja recht variabel ist. Im Gegensatz zu T. paucifolia, die trotz ihres ebenfalls großen Verbreitungsgebietes eigentlich immer ziemlich gleich aussieht. Obgleich die gezeigte Pflanze sicher nicht den bulbosen Habitus einer "typischen" T. c.-m. hat.

Gruß,
Joachim
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

T. caput-meduase x baileyi? :roll:
gonzer

Beitrag von gonzer »

The long inflorescence is what makes me wonder. Paucifolia? Yes, as one parent, but the trichomes are very repressed which adds an un-worldly silvery sheen to the plant. It's growth is faster than regular paucifolia also.
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

Paucifolia because of the leaves, yes. But there are certainly others that may create a similar look (regarding the leaves) in a hybrid. On fcbs.org there is a picture of paucifolia x caput-medusae and that doesn't look like yours at all. I think with a paucifolia parentage you won't probably get as slender an inflorescence as your plant has. Hence my idea baileyi x caput-medusae. But let's be realistic: Noone can say for sure without knowing quite a lot more about your plant.

Cheers,
Joachim
gonzer

Beitrag von gonzer »

I agree Joachim. When that tiny ID tag gets lost, you are in (as we say) "a world of hurt". That's why this site is so important, with all the knowledge around here someone's bound to identify it.
gonzer

Beitrag von gonzer »

How about pseudobaileyi X paucifolia???
Lieselotte Hromadnik

Beitrag von Lieselotte Hromadnik »

It´s exactly the plant which I and others call T. intermedia. Its not a hybrid and has a population near the Pazific coast of northern Michoacan in Mexiko, not so much above sea level.
Antworten