Dyckia braunii , a little one.

Got a nameless bromeliad? Maybe we can help you here.

Moderator: Timm Stolten

Antworten
Constantino Gastaldi

Dyckia braunii , a little one.

Beitrag von Constantino Gastaldi »

[align=center]This plant is one of the prettiest Dyckias of all, no doubt. It is smaller than some other silvery beauties like Dyckia argentea or even the well known Dyckia marnier ( all kinds of).[/align]
Bild
El Fakir

Beitrag von El Fakir »

Where does it come from?
Thierry
Constantino Gastaldi

Dyckia braunii is native to Brazil

This jewel is native to the Central Brazil. We name this huge region as Cerrado. This plant and many other comes from the Cerrado. In nature it has a marked rainy season and a dry one. One has no necessity to inflict this to this jewel. It doesn´t like to be tortured and grows magnificently well in a more enjoyable situation. Cerrado is far away from me, as far apart as Lisbon and Paris.
JoachimInB

Beitrag von JoachimInB »

Certainly one on the top of every Dyckiophiles wishlist! But said to be rare in habitat. This is a species we need to get all clones available in cultivation and carry one of each to Chanin so that he can engage in mass production :)

Constantino, has your plant ever flowered? It is said to do well if kept rather wet; I remember an article by Pierre Braun himself mentioning that.

Cheers,
Joachim
Constantino Gastaldi

Prosit Joachim!

This plant is young and a collected one. I have just one. The collector was a lousy one and mistreated the plants. Yes they enjoyed a bit more of umidity and in my opinion any Dyckia Does. There is no reason for us to oblige them to some tortures as to spend five months without water. There is no reason for this. I want my plants pretty good looking and happy.
This plant is florishing. It is an old known species. The Southern species are just begining to be known and they are even more impressive than those of the Brazilian inland the Cerrado.
Dyckias reproduce extremely well in cultivation. One dyckia keeper will get overloaded with the rarest of the Dyckias in just two or three years! In culture there is not a single dyckia that may be said rare. All dyckias are very good in reprodution. Sooner or later you will get overloaded, no matter how rare a Dyckia can be in the wilderness. Dyckias are sex maniacs and the older the more sex thriven they are. One rare dyckia may be one hibrid that we loose its track and we do not know how to make it again, but even so dyckias reproduce themselves vegetatively and in profusion. In Dyckia rare is our knowledge about them. What about a comprhensive guide to Dyckia keeping? LET´S DO IT ALTOGETHER? A POLI BRAIN MANUAL? LET´S NOT WAIT FOR THE LAZY SCIENCE....WHAT ABOUT? EVERYONE CAN HELP! THERE IS NOT SUCH A MANUAL! WHAT ABOUT A ELETROCIC MANUAL THAT CAN BE UPDATED CONTINUOUSLY? NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING BUT ALTOGETHER WE MAY DO LIGHT. LETS...GIMME YOUR BRAIN.......LET US BE LIGHT
Imgine a manual in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Japanese...... a complete and comprehensive manual to Dyckias.
WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! EVERYTHING BEGINS WITH A DREAM. (TRÄUME DER DYCKIA MANUAL, MEIN DEUTCH IST EINE TRAGEDIC.)
El Fakir

Beitrag von El Fakir »

This would be so wonderful and helpful!!!!
For the last 2 monthes, I spent hours and hours , mails and mails, messages and messages to search for informations about the terrestrial bormeliads...
Constantino Gastaldi

...and what you have found?

...pieces of information. Never would u find a complete answer. Science has being totaly blind. Scientists are obliged to publish their descriptions and discoveries but they do with publications directet to them...it is the same as not to publish. Publish is to turn public! Many Dyckias I found in nature have name and sirname as well but nobody knows. The major botanic gardens all around the world were not made by scientists. They were made by gardners and plant enthusiasts. The Bavarian Botanic Garden is one of those. Normal, mortal people began it with shovels in hands... Those who make the most remarkable discoveries were all mortal guys. Let us do something...something by those who care...and love these plants. The time to hide secrets in drawers is (kaput) finished. DNA sample and good shots are far more efective than the dried thing turning into dust. We must walk in the Light direction. Do not give your back to the Light otherwise you will ever face the shadow of your own.
Antworten