Problems with ID Billbergias Hybrats

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums ;-)
also for NON-bromeliad topics.

Moderator: Timm Stolten

Antworten
bristow48

Problems with ID Billbergias Hybrats

Beitrag von bristow48 »

I like got to our markets and finding something new but, I have brough several good looking Billbergia Hybrates from a grower who has no idea what the two parent plants were. Our club has profesional grows who are part of the World society for Bromes.

They say that when growing hybrates you must wait for three genations to get a stable form, of what you want out of that plant and destroy the rest, to provent mongrals, prior to registration and been released.

Unfoturenate some people only see a quick buck and sell the hybrates mostly backyard professionals, the proplem is serval generation of these plants polute the plants that have registed names and making near impossable to id them, and has happened with some of the Neoregelia. They have made up names and thou they might look good they are not stable to true form. So buyer be warned.

I sound like a hypocrit by buying these plants, but they looked like they have protental, and would like to know, not knowing their partentage am I allowed to register them, if they became stable after three generations.
Antworten